Any student at the Edmonton Bilingual Hispanic Association agrees to the policies of the EBHA as organization and she/he must fill a registration form. The following policies protect and ensure the legitimacy of all students in the organization.
1. All fees must be paid in full before a student enters a class.
2. Students may register before the start of each term in one of three ways:
– Online (www.ehba.org).
– Fill in registration form in person. You can pay in person by cash or cheque.
– Download and print the registration form obtained from our website; fill it in, sign it and send it by mail to:
P.O. Box 60‐007, U of A postal outlet, Edmonton AB, T6G 2S4. Please attach a signed cheque with the corresponding fee. Registrations by mail MUST be received before the 1st day of class.
– In Person. Staff will assist students who register in person. Payment will be accepted by cash or cheque ONLY.
– Download and Print registration form online, fill it in and bring it with you to our registration day or on the 1st day of class, or
– Pick up a registration form found in the foyer during our registration day or the 1st day of classes and fill it in.
3. Registration dates and times are posted on our website. They usually take place one week before the 1st day of class.
4. Students may register NO later than two weeks after the 1st class.
5. All cheques must be made payable to the “Edmonton Hispanic Bilingual Association” or “EHBA”.
6. If a cheque is issued to EHBA by a student and is returned by the bank (NSF), the student must immediately pay EHBA the amount of the cheque plus a $20 service charge. The corresponding student will NOT be permitted to attend class until payment has been received and processed.
7. Paying by class attended is not permitted. A refund will not be issued for classes missed by the student.
8. No refunds or fee reductions will be allowed due to missed classes by the student.
9. Young students wishing to take an adult level must pay the adult class fee.
10. The senior rate ONLY applies to students 65 and over and they must show valid photo ID.
11. Tax Receipts will be issued each term. They will include tuition fees ONLY, not course materials, (such as books, etc.). They will describe the corresponding student’s name and contain the receipt number.
– It is the student’s responsibility to obtain their tax receipts before the end of each term.
– EHBA will not combine multiple tax receipts into one.
12. Administrative fee: Refund cheques will reflect a fee of $15.00 when a requested refund has been issued in writing within the first 3 classes of the course and explaining a legitimate withdrawal.
Cancellation and Withdrawal:
13. Classes may be cancelled at any time by EHBA. In the event that EHBA is forced to cancel or suspend a class due to emergency (fire, flood, medical emergency, etc.), EHBA will reimburse the corresponding amount of money as follows:
– Total fee paid by the student / 10 classes = amount reimbursed per class.
14. Withdrawal by students is ONLY allowed within the first 2 weeks of class. During this time students will receive a full refund after notice has been given in writing (by email or signed cancellation form) and original receipt is provided.
– Books must be returned within 2 weeks after purchase and be in good condition to receive a full refund or exchange.
15. Proper Notice of Withdrawal after the second week of class may allow students to receive up to a 50% refund after review by EHBA administrative staff.
16. There’s no partial refunds and no half tuition discounts for registered students, regardless of the time and/or date they decide to start their course.
17. Students are allowed to make‐up a missed class by attending the same‐level class on the alternate day of the week, (if available).
18. Students may only attend one class per week (either Tuesday or Saturday), unless they registered and paid tuition for two classes in one term.
19. Students are not allowed to attend a class without written permission from an EHBA administrator.
20. Students may Transfer to another level, day, or class ONLY after sufficient space to accommodate the student has been verified and written permission has been given by EHBA administrative staff and instructors.
21. The registrant agrees not to hold EHBA, or the Edmonton Public School Board, liable for damages to property (including automobiles), or personal injury resulting from accidental occurrences at the premises (halls, rooms, sidewalks, parking lots and yards adjacent to the school) at times and hours during which EHBA rents space from the Edmonton Public School Board.